So, I'd like to let you all know, that I hate touristy places. I've discovered this after because I went to the Avenue of the Stars yesterday, which is in Kowloon and its a street thingy on the bay that has star's hand prints and stuff. It was actually quite beautiful and I took some great shots, but there were these speakers everywhere that were playing horribly cheesy music. Yuck, and that was annoying, also, I wasn't smart enough to eat before I got there so...I grabbed some food. Just let me warn you, never eat at a touristy place because its overpriced and tastes like bogies. Literally. Now, just plan ahead and pack a lunch or get food at a real local joint. Actually, it was quite enjoyable I"m just over dramatizing the bad parts. Though it was a bit overwhelming with the music and the nasty food. On another note, there is grass in Hong Kong, dispite popular belief. i went to Kowloon park and found a little grassy place to sit on a bench...but there was a catch. it was dark but lit by street lights and I was sitting quietly sort of singing to myself and out of nowhere a rat ran infront of me and underneath my bench. He sort of scurried into some bushes, but later came out again which freaked me out a little. I kid you not, the little guy came within a foot of me. That was sort of strange, so I left after the second appearance. I guess he liked my singing or something.
Teaching has been much more of a joy this week, although I've been busy. I am getting to know my students better and how to handle them. This week I"m doing some lessons on American Slang, which is a fun topic for all of us. Plus, I'm teaching them how to play games like BS, you know the card came. They really enjoy that.
My cousin Eric, however, thinks that I won't have to go to work tomorrow because there is a Typhoon warning. I think a level one warning means that its not a bit deal, but he contests that if it gets to eight, we have no work. I asked him if we're going to die, he said, "You might, but i know I'm going to live." don't worry, its all a joke. For those of you worrying about my safety now, I really am quite safe. I am told Typhoon warnings occur in HK this time of year about five times a summer. I'll let you know if anything drastic happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment