My big sis, just started a blog of her own, and her's is cooler looking than mine...Dang. Oh well, I might have to admit that Dean(Christine) has better taste in general than I do. I've been thinking of my big sis lately because she's just moved to San Mateo, California which has been a subject that I've thought much about here in HK. We each, deal with the distance in different ways, but we actually don't talk about it much with each other. Possibly because we know exactly what the other is really thinking, but not saying. This confirmed by our blogs, probably. Hehe. She, is shocked that I cannot follow here there, and I equally am stalled by the reality.
My Grandmother Leola, my mum's mum, once told me that she had always dreamed that her children would not just be siblings but that they'd actually be friends. Grandma reminds me a lot of Christine, some of her qualities skipped my mum like a river rock and hit Dean on the head. Not that my mum is not like either of them. I am not sure what it is, maybe just the mannerisms, and faith, maybe both of them are quiet firey women, who you can build things around because they will almost always be steady and tell you the truth. At the same time, you never want to dissapoint them, because they are matriarchs. My sister, being a pre-matriarch as she doesn't have kids yet. I realized a while back that my Dean is a rare lily. Gentle and kind as a kitten, sometimes overlooked, but a scary angry cat when she's cranky, or when protecting people she loves. Ha, I think Clint (her husband) likened her to a cat when I asked him about it for a game I did at her bridal shower.
Right now, it feels as if we both are being pushed to let each other go in some way. Being pushed out of the comfort of the companionship we've enjoyed for the last 24 years. No matter where we went, whether with mum, or dad, we were together. Even when she lived in Seattle and I in Yakama, we usually visited family together when we went. But, now it'll be me in the NW and her and the rest of my siblings in SoCal. Like my brother said, I guess we will see if we follow God's will together, although we are apart. He also said that he thinks we are given certian times to be with certian people. And it seems that that is true too. We don't know where the wind is going, or where it comes from, it moves on its own. So this is for my Dean, perhaps it is hard because God is distracting us while he grows something beautiful and precious in our midsts.
No comments:
Post a Comment